Wednesday, December 17, 2014

                              Final: Part 1

                        The students that were chosen to be in my Interdisciplinary Project were Damian Manzo, Monica Munguia, Mariana Munoz, Stephanie Cruz, and Alexandra Toxqui. Our theme of the project was Fitness and Nutrition and our topic was, " Should every citizen be required to work out 3 times a week or face penalties?
                      
                       My group and I chose to agree with this topic because Huntington Park is ranked the #1 city with the most obese citizens. This rank helped us make our decision because we need the people that live in Huntington Park to be healthier. After we made our decision, we chose the role we wanted to play in the presentation. Monica chose the introduction, Mariana chose evidence #1 and Alexandra received evidence #2. Also, Damian got the graph, I chose the rebuttal, and Stephanie received the conclusion. 

                     As the week of the presentation got closer, we got more nervous and anxious. Our group was not very prepared because the members did not arrive to the meeting. I spent day and night trying to memorize my part of the presentation and working on ways to sound better.  On the day of  our presentation, all of the members of the group were panicking because our presentation was scheduled at 4:45 and there was no sign of Damian. I was very nervous because some of the members had not yet memorized their part or had showed up. 

                     It was 4:45 and we entered the room to present. My group and I were willing to present without Damian's presence. It was almost Damian's turn to present when we heard a knock on the door. Damian had arrived to do his part of the presentation.  I was nervous and I stuttered a while when it was my turn to present. When Stephanie finished presenting, the panel did not ask any questions and we left the room. We had finally finished after so much work! This experience helped me prepare for the presentation next semester. 











No comments:

Post a Comment